Friday 17 April 2015

Why I love Disney...



One of the questions I get asked so much in my life is "Why do you love Disney, isn't it just for kids?". The majority of people who ask me this have never been to a Disney park, so I want to explain why I love Disney.

The Parks






The Disney parks are what I love the most about Disney, don't get me wrong I love the films and the music and the characters, but Disney parks bring all that together, along with so much more. 
I first visited a Disney park in the summer of 2013 when I participated in the International College Program, I didn't really know what to expect when I went, I've loved Disney films my whole life and I was really excited to see what it would be like, but I had no idea I would fall in love with the place as much as I did.
Living and working at Walt Disney World was everything I hoped and so much more, I made friends who I hope will last a lifetime, and experienced so many new things. Walt Disney World honestly feels like a second home to me now, and going back there just makes me remember all the good times I've had, and excited for all the memories I can make.
Being in a Disney park is like being in a bubble, everything is clean and everyone (more is less) is friendly and happy. Cast members will go out of their way to make your day special, from a smile and a wave, to the odd magical moment, greeting your children as princess' or space rangers and helping out in anyway that they can. 
You can become you inner child and no one will judge you, wearing Minnie ears while meeting your favourite princess is just as acceptable at the age of 3, as it is at the age of 53.




The shows and parades are spectacles that make you smile, the rides aren't for the thrill seekers of the world, but they are so well themed and the stories behind them mixed with the nostalgia make them just as good as the fastest roller-coasters in my book.
The resorts offer service that I've never experienced at any other hotel I've stayed in.  
It really is not just a place for kids, there's plenty for adults to do, from fine dining, spa's, golf courses, drinking around the world. 
I've spent over 3 months worth of time at Walt Disney World over the last 2 years and there is still so much that I still haven't done, parks that I still haven't visited (Typhoon Lagoon). My short trips to Disneyland and Disneyland Paris even though they are much small resorts, there is still plenty I haven't done and there are still resorts I haven't visited in destinations I've always wanted to see.

The Films
The first film I ever saw in a cinema was Pocahontas, I loved watching Sleeping Beauty and Snow White as a child. As I got older I watched more and more films, some classics I never even properly watched until I was in my teens. Pirates of the Carribean are films me and my family loved to go to the cinema to watch together, people forget that Disney don't just make animated films, Mary Poppins, The Princess Diaries, Alice in Wonderland and lets not forget that the Walt Disney company now own Marvel and LucasFilm and some people also don't seem to realise that Disney has owned Pixar since 2006 and has been involved with the studio since before Toy Story was released. 


Everything else
Disney own the Disney channel and Disney junior but they also own ESPN and the abc channels in america and have produced many well loved shows such as Lost, Grey's Anatomy, Scrubs, Ugly Betty, Once upon a time...
All of which I love and there are so many more.
Disney musicals are some of the best loved musicals going, the main one being the Lion King which is still hugely successful on Broadway and the West end and has been going for over 15 years.
I went on my first Disney Cruise in 2014, and it was my first ever cruise, and I loved it, the Disney bubble at sea and getting to visit new countries. Castaway Cay is the Disney bubble on an island it was great, and I can't wait to plan my next Disney Cruise.


So when people ask my why I love Disney, really what's not to love? There is so much going on in that company, that at some point everyone in their life has probably loved Disney in one way or another. Is it just for kids? No way, the whole point of the Disney parks when Walt first opened Disneyland was somewhere that families could enjoy together, something that wasn't just for kids or adults, but for all ages. I personally think that the parks do that and so does everything else that they do. 
The people I have met through Disney and the memories I have made being in Disney parks, watching Disney films with friends and family, laughing and crying at TV shows are all the reasons I love Disney.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 It all started with a park...