Sunday 1 February 2015

Disneyland 60th

So as you may know Disneyland's 60th Anniversary is just around the corner, and with that comes lots of new and exciting things that will be happening in the parks.
 The new merchandise artwork has been revealed, I love the progression through the years as well as the more simplistic designs. I especially love diamond Mickey and Minnie and really hope that the characters will get some special outfits for meet and greets throughout the celebration.

Pins
The first set of pins have also been revealed and are already available in the parks with each being released periodically between now and May.
The Walt Disney quotes are a lovely touch and reiterates that we are not only celebrating Disneyland but Walt himself.

Popcorn
These adorable commemorative popcorn buckets will be available from May 22nd, I think this will make a great souvenir and can't wait to buy one full of popcorn :)

Decorations
Of course with any celebration you can rely on Disney to decorate the parks and this will be no exception, the parks will be sparkling with the main decorations being around Sleeping Beauty's Castle and Carthay Circle.





















World of Color
I am so excited about this one, an updated version of World of Color called World of Color - Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney :D I loved this show last time I saw it, and can't wait to see what's going to happen with it. I love that the show is going to focus on Walt Disney and will feature Mickey Mouse.

Paint the Night
This is definitely the thing I'm most excited for at the moment, this parade looks amazing, to be honest I'm not a massive fan of ELP at WDW, I think it's in need of an update and the music gets on my nerves after about 10 seconds. However this new nighttime parade brings a completely different feel and looks beautiful, if you haven't looked at the Hong Kong version then you really should.

Click here to watch

They are supposedly adding even more floats to the Disneyland version, including, of course, Anna and Elsa. I'm unsure as to whether the soundtrack will be the same, as in the interviews conducted after the 60th announcements it was mentioned that the music would 'make you cry' and I'm not sure about you guys, but the HK soundtrack hardly makes me want to weep. I'm also not sure what the deal will be with the paint brushes, at the HK version, the floats stop for about 2 minutes while guests get the chance to interact with the floats by 'painting' them. I've heard that this doesn't really work all that well and the stop makes the parade feel a bit disjointed, so I'm not sure if this will be carried over to the Disneyland version or not, I know they are talking a lot about interaction for the 60th, so maybe this feature will be improved. Who knows but I can't wait to find out!






Disneyland Forever
The new firework spectacular looks like it will bring something completely new to the park, boasting that you will be able to view this show from multiple locations around the park with the new projections (Think celebrate the magic but all around you) and new technologies. This show is sure to be an amazing sight and my trip to Disneyland can't come soon enough!


Other updates...
There's not much more to go off at the moment, we know that Soarin' and the surrounding area is being updated and the new HD version of Soarin' will be making it's debut at Disneyland in May this year.
Many other attractions are closing for refurbs over the coming months so that everything is in working order.

Are you planning a trip to see the 60th? What other things would you like to see added for the 60th?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 It all started with a park...